Our parent company, Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding, was founded in the late 1970s as a custom power and sailing yacht builder. With each custom yacht comes a unique set of requirements, each with their own personality and specifications. Lyman-Morse Fabrication was born from that need to have custom, high-quality, durable, and beautiful hardware for extreme marine environments.
In the late 1990s, we partnered with Steele and Marshall in Thomaston, Maine to build our aluminum hulls for a few of our clients. We purchased the facility in 2005 which enabled us to bring all metal fabrication in house.
Now, over 110 launched yachts later, Lyman-Morse Fabrication functions as an independent entity from our boatbuilding division. Much of our work still revolves around the marine industry and the custom yachts we build, but our greater focus is now in servicing the needs of homeowners, builders, public and private sector clients, manufacturing and heavy industry, and research and development entrepreneurs. Let us help you with your unique needs, small or large.
Our fully-outfitted 15,000 square foot fabrication shop is equipped with a myriad of equipment — benders, plate rolls, presses, shears, large and small lathes, milling machines, large band saws, a 4-axis CNC Vertical Machining Center and CNC press brake, and a 5-ton overhead crane that enables us to move large pieces into place with ease. Our 85′ by 150′ by 22′ high steel building features radiant floor heating and air cleaners for a well-lit and clean shop, perfect for the construction of high precision pieces.
Our team includes:
- ASME, AWS and ABS Certified in 5086-6061 Alloy Aluminum, Stainless, Carbon Steel, Pipe and Structural Welding.
- A diverse blend of backgrounds provides experience in every possible aspect of metal work –sheet metal, blacksmithing, machining, heavy plate/pipe forming and brazing/welding offerrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Trained professional engineers and design team to assist at the “drawing board” level of a project.
- The ability to offer integrated capabilities with our multiple disciplines – joinery, composites, systems, engineering, finish coatings, electrical, canvas and more.
Lyman-Morse Fabrication also offers:
- Mobile Services
- In-house designers and engineers using SolidWorks, Rhino and AutoCad
- In-house AWS CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
- Expertise in stainless, aluminum, bronze, steel, titanium, and plastics
- Pre-established clearance levels for classified projects
Visit our CAPABILITIES page to find out more about each of our areas of expertise, and to see photos of recent projects.
- Aluminum Welding and Fabrication
- Handrails, Railings and Stairs
- Architectural Elements
- Fences, Gates and Entrances
- Signage and Decorative
- Structural Steel Buildings
- Custom Designs and Prototypes
- Wire Railings and Balustrades
- Marine Hardware & Hulls
- Fuel, Water and Holding Tanks
- Conveyor Systems
- Blacksmithing and Forging
- Industrial Equipment
- Stainless Steel
- Plastic Welding and Forming
- General Metal Fabrication and Repair
- Certified Pipe and Structural Welding
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Support Structures
- 3D Printing
- Water-Jet Capabilities
- Aluminum Welding
- In-house CWI
- CNC Machining(Water Jet/Plasma)